Bibliography: Mill power draw models
Mill Power Draw Model Bibliography
Mill power draw models are used to predict the usable power draw that a particular mill will generate. The three SAG mill models are benchmarked and reviewed in:
- Doll, A.G., A comparison of SAG mill power models, Procemin 2013 
Austin SAG Model
The Austin SAG model was published in:
- Austin, L.G., A mill power equation for SAG mills, Minerals & Metallurgical Processing; Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration, February 1990. 
The Morrell models for SAG and ball milling are all derived from the same reference and differ in some default parameter values and in the geometry of the mill charge (grate versus overflow discharge).
- Napier-Munn, T.J.; Morrell, S.; Morrison, R.D.; Kojovic, T., Mineral Comminution Circuits; Their Operation and Optimisation; Julius Kruttschnitt Mineral Research Centre, Indooroopilly, Queensland, Australia. First ed. 1996, republished 1999 & 2005. 
Loveday produced a largely empirical model using a "Power Number" parameter:
- Loveday, B.K., Prediction of autogenous milling from pilot-plant tests, Proceedings of the Eleventh Commonwealth Mining and Metallurgical Congress, Hong Kong, 1978, Pages 557-564
Barratt developed a chart of "Power Numbers" for SAG mills that was published in:
- Barratt, D.J. & Sherman, M, Selection and Sizing of Autogenous and Semi-Autogenous Mills, Mineral Processing Plant Design, Practice, and Control. Society for Mining , Metallurgy & Exploration (SME), 2002, Pages 755-782.
Nordberg Model for Ball Mills
- Rexnord Corporation, Nordberg Red Book, third edition, section 17
- Outokumpu Mills Group, The Science of Comminution, (2002) technical publication P. 39
Nordberg Model for SAG; J. Starkey et al
(not implemented as a SAG model, but some concepts included in the Nordberg ball mill model)
- Starkey, J.; Hindstrom, S. & Orser, T. Choosing a SAG Mill To Achieve Design Performance; AGM of Canadian Mineral Processors, 2003. Pages 305-316
- Starkey, J. Impact on Grinding Mill Design of Recent New Discoveries; Society for Mining , Metallurgy & Exploration (SME), 2009, Pages 340-346
Other useful papers
- Barratt, D.J. & Brodie, M.N. The "Tent" Diagram, What It Means; Proceedings of the SAG 2001 Conference, Vancouver, Canada, Pages IV-368 to IV-39.